Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Inspired by the Question from #Conscious 2010 :"What Roles Did I Play in 2009""


What roles have I played in 2009? That photo to the right here shows me in costume to play the last role I played in 2009. Sister Veronica. to be precise. On stage - but I don't think this question is concerning herself with fiction, so I will try a different approach.


Well, overnight – from midnightish… 12:44 am to be exact until about 3:35 I played the role of the trusted, service oriented friend. Did I want to be there? Was my dream coming true in being there? No. And Yes.


How long has it been since I have been comfortable calling a friend up and out of bed in the middle of the night to take on a three hour long chore to take care of me? Never. I have never done that, made that request on someone’s behalf.


Well, unless you count Cornell rescuing us from Chamberlain this Summer, which wasn't in the middle of the night and was, sort of, pre-planned.


So I have played rescuer and a rescuee.


I have been a creator and a model.


An artist and a subject.


“You are such a hippie!” said Parker and Emma in a giggling duet.


“No, I am not a Hippie, I am just me.” I quietly explained, Hippie-Buddha like.


Roles are the things other people put on me and say, “Wow, that role looks great on you.” To which I choose to say “Thank you!” and keep humming my song.


I play roles on stage: characters, time periods, archetypes, sometimes comedic relief.


The rest of the time, I am just tangibly, whole-hearted and whole-souledly…. Me.


1 comment:

  1. Julie,

    You have a way of unleashing your delightful essence in whatever role I have experienced you. Your soulful and heart opening nature are passionately palpable. One only has to allow the multi faceted experience of you to know hypercreative depths and playful abandon instantly.

    Love your wildly creative self, my friend.

    Adela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting here and be sure to visit my Julie Unplugged Blog: