Saturday, December 26, 2009

A-Ha - The End of This Beginning - and Meaning It


Today, from Gwen Bell's Best09 Blog Challenge:

December 26 Insight or aha! moment. What was your epiphany of the year?

It happened as I was in the midst of a Middle-of-the-Night texting session with my friend, Julia. I was pacing in front of the home of our couch surfing host, Cornell, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (The photo I have included has Cornell and his girlfriend, Christa, along with my children - I fell in love with Sioux Falls during our visit. And Cornell and Christa, too.)

In the texting with Julia, as I paced and frowned and wondered, I wrote, “I feel like this year, 2009, is about completion for me. So much of my life has been about unfinished stuff – so close but so far – like stillbirth. I feel like this unfinished dream is the culmination of that and this year, 2009, is the end of that cycle.”

2009 continued with a different weight for me and has continued to be a bit of a roller coaster but more of a mindful roller coaster. I have never been so calm about whatever happens, happening, and when I say things like “It isn’t good or bad, it just is” I actually mean it.

They aren’t just words anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting here and be sure to visit my Julie Unplugged Blog: